All travelers arriving in Nepal other than Indian nationals are required by immigrations to possess passports with six months remaining validity until expiration. Two passport photos and cash payment are required to obtain a tourist visa upon arrival.
Visas on arrival are available at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu, or the following Immigration Offices at land border crossings:
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gadda Chauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Nepal visa fees (Multiple Entry)
- 15 days: US$25
- 30 days: US$40
- 90 days: US$100
Note: Visa fees are subject to change without warning. It is advisable to bring extra cash as contingency.