Situated at 3650 meters on the northern limits of the Himalayas, Lhasa is the capital of Tibet - a fascinating city dating back to over 1300 years. Lhasa, which means "Land of the Gods" in Tibetan, is rich with Tibetan heritage. On this tour we will visit Lhasa's cultural highlights, including Potala, the world's highest palace and former residence of the Dalai Lama, and the summer palace of Norbulinka, adorned with fascinating murals depicting Tibet's vast history. We'll visit the city's most famous monasteries, and get a taste of the modern urban lifestyles of Lhasa's inhabitants in the surrounding neighborhoods and bazaars.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
You will be greeted at the airport by a representative from Outdoor Expeditions and transported to your hotel. Unwind from your flight and meet us in the evening for a welcome dinner at a traditional Nepalese restaurant.
Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa: 45 minutes flight
Depart Kathmandu by plane after breakfast and arrive in Lhasa. Spend the evening exploring the Jorkhang bazaar or explore the city at your leisure.
Day 3: Sightseeing in Lhasa:
VisitRamoche Monastery, Potala Palace andNorbulinka.
Day 4: Continue Lhasa Sightseeing:
ExploreJokhang Monastery, Sera Monastery and Barkhor Market.
Day 5: Fly from Lhasa to Kathmandu: 45 minutes flight
We'll board an afternoon flight bound for Kathmandu. Arrive at Tribhuvan airport and transfer to your hotel. Thanks for traveling with Outdoor Expeditions. Farewell and Namaste.
- Airport pickup and drop off in private vehicle
- Hotel with included breakfast in Kathmandu
- Private transportation and government licensed guide while sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
- Government licensed, experienced trekking guide and porters during trekking
- Insurance for trekking crew (guides and porters)
- All required equipment for trekking crew, kitchen tent, dining tent, and toilet tent
- Accommodations in hotels, tea-houses, or camps during trekking
- Three daily meals while trekking
- All required conservation fees and trekking permits (TIMS)
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu
- Entrance fees for attractions (UNESCO world heritage sites, museums, etc.) during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Personal insurance or cost of air rescue in the event of emergency
- Air ticket to and from Nepal from your point of origin
- Visa fee for entry into Nepal
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, alcoholic beverages, hygiene items, staff tips, etc.)
This tour involves days of driving and leisurely sightseeing. No strenuous physical activities are involved, and the trip can be undertaken year-round.