Chepang Village Tour
Residing in the southern lowlands of Nepal, known as the Terai, the Chepang are a prime example of Nepal’s wide diversity of cultures. With their own dialect, unique building style, and practices of fishing, hunting, and foraging in the jungles, this little-known ethnic group illustrates a fascinating picture of indigenous life in southern Nepal. This walking journey will take you across lush plains home to a wondrous array of plant and wild life, punctuated by streams, waterfalls, caves, and a host of remote settlements. Clean and well-organized facilities are available along this journey, provided through homestay arrangements by the area’s hospitable inhabitants. Along the way you will be introduced to Chepang, Magar, and Giripuri communities, whose unique cultures will prove to be an endless source of fascination. This area is renowned for it’s multitude of bird-species; we’ll watch animals in their natural habitats, stop to explore ancient temples, and end our days in the company of our hosts watching epic sunsets and a sky full of stars.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Hugdi. Walk to Hattibang.
Days 3 – 6: Hattibang – Jyandala – Gadi – Shaktikhor – Sauraha
Day 7: Drive from Sauraha to Kathmandu
Day 8: Depart from Kathmandu
- Airport pickup and drop off in private vehicle
- Hotel with included breakfast in Kathmandu
- Private transportation and government licensed guide while sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
- Government licensed, experienced trekking guide and porters during trekking
- Insurance for trekking crew (guides and porters)
- All required equipment for trekking crew, kitchen tent, dining tent, and toilet tent
- Accommodations in hotels, tea-houses, or camps during trekking
- Three daily meals while trekking
- All required conservation fees and trekking permits (TIMS)
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu
- Entrance fees for attractions (UNESCO world heritage sites, museums, etc.) during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Personal insurance or cost of air rescue in the event of emergency
- Air ticket to and from Nepal from your point of origin
- Visa fee for entry into Nepal
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, alcoholic beverages, hygiene items, staff tips, etc.)