The Bhote Koshi is Nepal’s steepest and fastest flowing rafting experience. Considered one of the world’s best short rafting trips, the constant onslaught of heart-pounding Class III and IV rapids will command your full attention on this wild ride. This river originates on the Tibetan plateau and carves a path through the mountains just east of Kathmandu to feed the Sun Kosi. Located just 3 hour’s drive from Kathmandu, this is an excellent choice for a 1 to 3 day river outing for rafters of all experience levels. The section of this river spanning from Barabise to the dam at Lamosangu is chock full of exciting rapids year-round, and the wild landscapes and picturesque hillsides of the surrounding valley make this an exceptional trip worth taking.
Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Khadichaur. Begin rafting. Camp for the night in Dolalghat.
Day 2: Full day of rafting with midday stop for lunch. Camp for the night at the river’s edge near Kolpa.
Day 3: Half day of rafting to Dumja. Exit river for pick up and Drive to Kathmandu, Chitwan, or Pokhara.
- Airport pickup and drop off in private vehicle
- Hotel with included breakfast in Kathmandu
- Private transportation and government licensed guide while sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
- Government licensed, experienced trekking guide and porters during trekking
- Insurance for trekking crew (guides and porters)
- All required equipment for trekking crew, kitchen tent, dining tent, and toilet tent
- Accommodations in hotels, tea-houses, or camps during trekking
- Three daily meals while trekking
- All required conservation fees and trekking permits (TIMS)
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu
- Entrance fees for attractions (UNESCO world heritage sites, museums, etc.) during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Personal insurance or cost of air rescue in the event of emergency
- Air ticket to and from Nepal from your point of origin
- Visa fee for entry into Nepal
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, alcoholic beverages, hygiene items, staff tips, etc.)