Numerous options are available for mountain biking in an outside of the Kathmandu valley. Biking trips on paved roads, hilly single tracks and jeep trails through the jungle are all at your disposal, available in packaged tailored to your schedule. The following itinerary is a recommended six-day outing for intermediate cyclists around the Kathmandu valley rim. We’ll begin in Kathmandu and bike through the Shivapuri National Park to Chisopani, Nagarkot, and return to Kathmandu. This is a scenic ride with plenty of stops at interesting villages and temples, moderate to challenging sections, and spectacular mountain and valley scenery.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Cycle from Kathmandu to Mulkharka (22km). Overnight in hotel at Mulkharka.
Day 3: Cycle from Mulkharka to Chisopani (21km). Overnight in hotel at Chisopani.
Day 4: Cycle from Chisopani to Nagarkot (25km). Overnight in hotel at Nagarkot.
Day 5: Cycle from Nagarkot to Kathmandu (32km).
Day 6: Depart from Kathmandu
- Airport pickup and drop off in private vehicle
- Hotel with included breakfast in Kathmandu
- Private transportation and government licensed guide while sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
- Government licensed, experienced trekking guide and porters during trekking
- Insurance for trekking crew (guides and porters)
- All required equipment for trekking crew, kitchen tent, dining tent, and toilet tent
- Accommodations in hotels, tea-houses, or camps during trekking
- Three daily meals while trekking
- All required conservation fees and trekking permits (TIMS)
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu
- Entrance fees for attractions (UNESCO world heritage sites, museums, etc.) during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Personal insurance or cost of air rescue in the event of emergency
- Air ticket to and from Nepal from your point of origin
- Visa fee for entry into Nepal
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, alcoholic beverages, hygiene items, staff tips, etc.)