Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
Best known for its stunning density of migratory birds, Koshi Tappu is the place to go if birding is what you desire. This protected area lies in the far southeast of Nepal’s Terai region, in the Sunsari and Saptari districts close to the Indian border. Comprised mostly of grasslands and marshes in the floodplains of the Sapta Kosi river, this area is an excellent bird habitat, home to several species that have been sighted nowhere else in Nepal. Other notable sights found here are herds of wild buffalo, wild boar, river crocodiles, and the rare and endangered Gangetic dolphin. Safari-style accommodations are available with modern amenities like western-style toilets and a fully stocked restaurant. Activities including guided nature walks and river rafting tours with knowledgeable local guides can be arranged. Koshi Tappu is the perfect place to get away from the bustle and experience the peace of a real natural habitat.
Day 01: Arrival
Upon arrival at the hotel in Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve, reception, welcome drinks and introduction to your room. After freshen up and briefing about the Hotel and the activities to be carried out, lunch is served. Now you will be taken for Bird Watching tour around the park with Birdwatcher Guide (Ornithologist): Explore the jungle and wildlife enabling you to see verities of attractive birds Spot-billed Pelican, Stork-billed Kingfisher, Make-pie robin, Asian paradise flycatcher, Swamp Francolin, Black-necked Stork to name a few. This exciting tour lasts for 2/3 hours.
Day 02: Jungle Activities
You will be given a wakeup call quite early in the morning. After the tea, you will go for Nature walk within the Jungle vicinity. Afterwards, you will get back to the resort for breakfast. Now you will navigate on a Raft boat on the Sapta Koshi River with Naturalist to view some of the aquatic lives such as birds, water buffaloes, dolphins and their water habitats. Hereafter, you will end the Boat trip by the bank of the river. Then you will be driven back to the Camp and have lunch. After the lunch you will enjoy some free time on relaxing. In the evening you will be welcomed with a nice dinner.
Day 03: Jungle Activities
You will be given a wakeup call quite early in the morning. After the tea, you will go for Nature walk within the Jungle vicinity. Later on you will be served with a nice breakfast. After the breakfast you will go for Bird Watching all along the dam of the Koshi River and the area of Pink Tower crossing the Koshi Barrage. Late afternoon you will return to the camp for lunch and enjoy rest of the time looking for some more birds right from your hut / cottage. In the evening you will be welcomed with a nice dinner.
Day 04: Departure
After early morning activities, you are free on your own until departure.
- Airport pickup and drop off in private vehicle
- Hotel with included breakfast in Kathmandu
- Private transportation and government licensed guide while sightseeing in Kathmandu valley
- Government licensed, experienced trekking guide and porters during trekking
- Insurance for trekking crew (guides and porters)
- All required equipment for trekking crew, kitchen tent, dining tent, and toilet tent
- Accommodations in hotels, tea-houses, or camps during trekking
- Three daily meals while trekking
- All required conservation fees and trekking permits (TIMS)
- National Park / Conservation Permit fee
- Meal: (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- One experienced Nature Guide
- Insurance for Jungle Crews
- All accommodation during the Park Visit inside the Jungle
- All Activities as mention in the Itinerary
- All Local Transportation
- Personal Equipments and Insurance
- Emergency Rescue Evacuation
- Personal Expenses, Laundry, Telephone, Beverage, Bar Bills etc
- Tipping (Tips) for Staff