Mt. Pumori in the northern Khumbu region is a fantastic peak to climb among the world’s most stunning scenery. The gradual ascent along Pumori’s south ridge is a great climb for all levels of climbers. The moderate snow climb can be tackled with fixed ropes, bringing an enjoyable technical element to an otherwise straightforward climb. Our stretch to the summit will occur along a steep section of snow, a difficult final push to the mountaintop for an unforgettable panorama.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Trip preparations
Day 3: Fly to Lukla. Trek to Phakding. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 5: Rest day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 7: Trek to Pheriche. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 8: Trek to Lobuche. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 9: Trek to Pumori Base Camp. Overnight in tents.
Days 10 – 28: Climbing period
Day 29: Trek to Pengboche. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 30: Trek to Namche Bazaar. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 31: Trek to Lukla. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 32: Fly to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel.
Days 33 – 34: Leisure time in Kathmandu.
Day 35: Depart Kathmandu
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.