Mount Thamserku Expedition
Thamserku is a beautiful mountain lying just east of Namche Bazaar in eastern Nepal. Connected by a ridge to Mt. Kangtenga to the east, the two peaks, rising above 6000 meters, are known as the Snow Saddle, rising between the Hinku and Khumbu valleys to a saddle-shaped summit. The journey begins with a hike from Lukla to Namche Bazaar through the commanding landscape of the stunning Khumbu region. We’ll establish base camp at 4,750 meters, from where we’ll attempt the semi-technical ascent to Thamserku’s summit. Three additional camps will be set during our climb, which will involve some moderate scrambling and challenging sections of steep snow and ice. Our final camp at 6200 meters will be set on an exposed and windswept face, adding to the adrenaline as we make the final push to the summit. This is a great expedition for less experienced climbers who are preparing for the 8000 meter peaks.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Trip preparations
Day 3: Fly to Lukla. Trek to Phakding. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 5: Rest day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 6: Trek to Phuguthanga. Overnight in tents.
Day 7: Trek to Thamserku base camp. Overnight in tents.
Days 8 – 25: Climbing period
Day 26: Trek to Khumjung. Overnight in tents.
Day 27: Trek to Phakding. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 28: Trek to Lukla. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 29: Fly to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel.
Days 30 – 31: Leisure time in Kathmandu.
Day 32: Depart Kathmandu.
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.