Mount Kanjiroba Expedition
Situated in western Nepal along the Tibetan border in what is known as the Dolpo region lies Kanjiroba Himal. At 6883 meters, Mt. Kanjiroba is the highest peak in western Nepal. This area is remote and much less visited than Nepal’s more popular climbing regions, resulting in a mystique that is sure to please those who crave an adventure into real wilderness. The virgin forests and stunning landscape of the Karnali river basin are sights that few have set eyes on. Starting with a flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, our journey will take us through the pristine wilderness of Humla valley to the summit of one of Nepal’s remotest peaks.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Trip preparations.
Day 3: Fly to Nepalgunj. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 4: Trek to Balayachaur. Overnight in tents.
Day 5: Trek to Rimi. Overnight in tents.
Day 6: Trek to Churta. Overnight in tents.
Day 7: Trek to Salangbari. Overnight in tents.
Day 8: Trek to River Side. Overnight in tents.
Day 9: Trek to Kharka. Overnight in tents.
Day 10: Trek to Kanjiroba base camp. Overnight in tents.
Days 11 – 25: Climbing period
Day 26: Trek to Kharka. Overnight in tents.
Day 27: Trek to River Side. Overnight in tents.
Day 28: Trek to Ringmo. Overnight in tents.
Day 29: Trek to Sekpa. Overnight in tents.
Day 30: Trek to Jufal. Overnight in tents.
Day 31: Trek to Nepalgunj. Fly to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel.
Days 32 – 33: Leisure time in Kathmandu
Day 34: Depart Kathmandu
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.