Mount Gyajikhang Expedition
Gyajikhang is a lesser known 7000 meter peak in northeastern Manang district. Only opened to climbers in 2002, this mountain sees very little traffic and new routes to the summit are still being explored. The remote Nar Phu valley, to the north of the Annapurna Himal is accessed by following the beginning section of the Annapurna Circuit trail along the Marshyangdi river. The valley is home to a unique culture of Tibetan ancestors and pristine landscapes. Be one of the few who have explored this region and attempt the summit of a largely untouched Himalayan peak.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Trip preparations
Day 3: Drive to Sange. Overnight in tents.
Day 4: Trek to Chamje. Overnight in tents.
Day 5: Trek to Bagarchhap. Overnight in tents.
Day 6: Trek to Koto. Overnight in tents.
Day 7: Trek to Dharamsala. Overnight in tents.
Day 8: Trek to Fukhola. Overnight in tents.
Day 9: Trek to Gyajikhang base camp. Overnight in tents.
Days 10 – 19: Climbing period.
Day 20: Trek to Dharamsala. Overnight in tents.
Day 21: Trek to Dharapani. Overnight in tents.
Day 22: Trek to Sange. Overnight in tents.
Day 23: Drive to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel.
Days 24 – 25: Leisure time in Kathmandu.
Day 26: Depart Kathmandu.
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.