Ganesh Himal Expedition
At Kathmandu’s immediate northwest and visible from the city on a clear day lies Ganesh Himal, a picturesque mountain range dominating the skyline between the Budhi Gandaki and Trisuli Gandaki valleys. Three prominent peaks within this range are Ganesh I, II, and the 8000 meter behemoth Mt. Manaslu. The trail to base camp takes us along the Manaslu circuit trek via Arughat, tracing up the valley through terraced fields and charming rural settlements to Phedi. Our base camp will be established in the icy valley below the ring of peaks formed by Ganesh I, II, III and IV. We’ll set up three additional camps during our relatively straightforward ascent along the northwest ridge. A steep and challenging climb, we’ll leave our gear at high camp and make an alpine style push to the 7429 meter summit.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Trip preparations.
Day 3: Drive to Liding via Arughat. Overnight in tents.
Day 4: Trek to Khorla Besi. Overnight in tents.
Day 5: Trek to Jagat. Overnight in tents.
Day 6: Trek to Lokpa. Overnight in tents.
Day 7: Trek to Phedi. Overnight in tents.
Day 8: Trek to Domje. Overnight in tents.
Day 9: Trek to Landan Khark. Overnight in tents.
Day 10: Trek to Ganesh Himal base camp. Overnight in tents.
Days 11 – 30: Climbing period
Day 31: Trek to Gumba Lungdan. Overnight in tents.
Day 32: Trek to Dhampa Gompa. Overnight in tents.
Day 33: Trek to Lokpa. Overnight in tents.
Day 34: Trek to Jagat. Overnight in tents.
Day 35: Trek to Khorla Besi. Overnight in tents.
Day 36: Trek to Liding. Overnight in tents.
Day 37: Trek to Arughat. Drive to Kathmandu.
Days 38 – 39: Leisure time in Kathmandu
Day 40: Depart Kathmandu
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.