At 8848 meters above sea level, Mt. Everest’s peak stands as the highest point on the planet’s surface. This is a once-in-a-lifetime challenge with no equal alternative. The journey to the world’s tallest summit is relatively uncomplicated, following a steady ascent along the famous south Col. from our initial base camp at 5400 meters. We’ll set up additional camps at 6000, 6600, 7400, and 8000 meters along the ascent. We’ll visit the world’s highest monasteries at Tengboche and Pengboche on our journey to base camp from Lukla. This epic journey will take us through the homeland of the rugged Sherpa, to the fantastic landscape above the cloud line that can only be called “the rooftop of the world.”
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Trip preparations
Day 3: Fly to Lukla. Trek to Phakding. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 5: Rest day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 7: Trek to Pheriche. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 8: Trek to Lobuche. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 9: Trek to Everest Base Camp. Overnight in tents.
Days 10 – 60: Climbing period
Day 61: Trek to Tengboche. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 62: Trek to Khumjung. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 63: Trek to Phakding. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 64: Trek to Lukla. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 65: Fly to Kathamandu. Overnight at hotel.
Days 66 – 67: Leisure time in Kathmandu
Day 68: Depart Kathmandu
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.