Api Himal Expedition
Lying in the remote and seldom visited Dolpo region, this is a journey through an unspoiled landscape of virgin forests, raging rivers, and superb mountain views. At 7132 meters, Mt. Api is the highest mountain in western Nepal. Along with the towering Mt. Api, several rarely viewed peaks such as Rajamba, Kapchuli, and the 7000 meter Mt. Nandadevi, lying in Uttar Pradesh, India, are visible. A few hours walk from our base camp lie the unearthly calm of Khalidunga, an isolated and spectacular holy mountain lake. We ascend to the summit along a straightforward approach via the southwest face.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Trip preparations
Day 3: Fly to Neplalgunj. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 4: Drive to Mahendranagar. Overnight in guesthouse.
Day 5: Trek to Gokulesor. Overnight in tents.
Day 6: Trek to Chiureni. Overnight in tents.
Day 7: Trek to Makarighat. Ovenight in tents.
Day 8: Trek to Seti. Overnight in tents.
Day 9: Trek to Simar. Overnight in tents.
Day 10: Trek to Dhabalidar. Overnight in tents.
Day 11: Trek to Api Himal base camp. Overnight in tents.
Days 12 – 26: Climbing period
Day 27: Trek to Simar. Overnight in tents.
Day 28: Trek to Lavati. Overnight in tents.
Day 29: Trek to Seti. Overnight in tents.
Day 30: Trek to Makarighat. Overnight in tents.
Day 31: Trek to Chiurini. Overnight in tents.
Day 32: Trek to Karkale. Overnight in tents.
Day 33: Trek to Gokulesor. Overnight in tents.
Day 34: Trek to Mahendranagar. Overnight in tents.
Day 35: Trek to Nepalgunj. Fly to Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel.
Days 36 – 37: Leisure time in Kathmandu.
Day 38: Depart Kathmandu.
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.