Ama Dablam Expedition
Located south of Mt. Lhotse and Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam’s angular peak is a perennial lure to mountaineers in the Khumbu region. The 6812 meter peak is known for its knife-edged ridges and steep walls. Beginning with a flight to Lukla, we will trek through Namche Bazaar and Tengboche to Ama Dablam base camp at 4500 meters. We will traverse the southwest ridge, erecting three camps along our climb. The final leg will take us across snow covered slopes and a steep, exposed ridge to the summit.
Day 1: Arrive in Kathmandu
Day 2: Trip preparations
Day 3: Fly to Lukla. Trek to Phakding. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 5: Rest day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 7: Trek to Ama Dablam base camp. Overnight in tents.
Day 8: Rest day at base camp.
Days 9 – 28: Climbing period
Day 29: Trek to Khumjung. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 30: Trek to Phakding. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 31: Trek to Lukla. Overnight at guesthouse.
Day 32: Fly to Kathmandu. Overnight at hotel.
Days 33 - 34: Leisure time in Kathmandu. Overnight in hotel.
Day 35: Depart Kathmandu
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff (sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer).
- Food and fuel at the base camp.
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from road head – base camp - road head.
- Porters to carry loads from road head – base camp - road head.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Kathmandu – road head – Kathmandu land transportation
- Airport arrival and departure pickup
- Shared accommodation at 3 or 4 star hotels in Kathmandu before and after the expedition on bed and Breakfast plan
- High altitude food and fuel above base camp.
- Climbing equipment, tents and personal equipment above base camp (though available at extra cost).
- Personal accident insurance and emergency rescue operation.
- Tips for expedition staff and porters after the trip.